This event has been postponed due to the current coronavirus outbreak.
The charity Redeeming Our Communities (ROC) will be holding an ROC conversation at the John Madejski Academy, Hartland Road, Reading RG2 8AF on Monday 30 March at 7pm. The two-hour event is open to everyone, and you can register your place online.
ROC was founded in the north-west of England in 2004 and they currently run over 150 projects in the UK. They say:
The charity’s main aim is to bring about community transformation by creating strategic partnerships which open up opportunities for crime and disorder reduction and improved community cohesion
ROC brings together community groups, churches, faith groups, the police, the fire service, local authorities and voluntary agencies to encourage them to work together in positive partnerships for practical ‘on the ground’ change
The charity explains:
An ROC conversation is a two hour structured community engagement event that brings together local people to celebrate all the good things happening in their community and explore practical ways of achieving more through partnership.
- school and youth representatives,
- volunteer groups,
- police & fire services,
- faith groups,
- councillors and MPs.
ROC say that their mission is to increase community resilience by inspiring and supporting groups to work together, and the conversation achieves this by:
- connecting local community members, volunteers & statutory agencies,
- celebrating all the good things taking place in your community,
- raising awareness of the current needs of your community,
- exploring potential solutions and resources required to meet current needs,
- creating a network of people passionate about improving your community,
- identifying & utilising existing skillsets and resources in your community,
- establishing an action group to support existing initiatives and kick-starting new projects in your community.