Reading University plans to hold its next community forum on Thursday 26 September.
The last university community forum, in January 2019, was dominated by complaints about student misbehaviour and university property development. The university’s community relations team have published minutes (in a PDF file) about that meeting.
The university was asked to publish their policies and procedures on complaints on student behaviour:
The chair of the January forum, Professor Robert Van de Noort, was the university’s acting vice-chancellor at the time, and has since been appointed as permanent vice-chancellor. He has published his vision of a ‘University for Reading‘ in which he documents how the university can contribute to the town and what it could do better.
- Reading University community engagement
- University launches Street Support Team for students and local residents
- The development of St Patrick’s Hall on the Whitley Pump
- Rowdy university students ‘damage mental health’ of neighbours
- Reading University may fund new PCSOs to deal with student misbehaviour
- Towards a ‘University for Reading’