Reading Borough Council (RBC) proposes to reduce the opening hours at Whitley Library from 21 to 18 hours per week as part of a package to save over £200,000 by reducing costs across Reading’s libraries.
The council proposes to reduce opening hours at other Reading libraries too, including the central library, where hours will be reduced from 46 to 36 per week. The council have opened a public consultation where you can give your views.
Whitley Library is due to move from its current location on the corner of Northumberland Avenue and Cressingham Road to the nearby South Reading Community Centre later this year.
- Proposed changes across Reading libraries in 2018
- RBC policy committee 19 February 2018
- Whitley Library: the architecture of hope
- Whitley library relocating to Reading Youth and Community Centre
- South Reading community hub takes shape on Northumberland Avenue
- Have your say with Reading Library cost savings