Ashmead School magazine at the Whitley Community Museum
South Reading Community Centre
The Whitley Community Development Association (WCDA) is holding a public meeting on Wednesday 12 July to present how they are spending their £1 million grant.
The WCDA was set up to manage this money, which was granted in 2015 as part of the Big Local project by the Local Trust, a charity funded by the National Lottery.
In addition to redeveloping the Whitley Social Club and Café , they have set up a small grants programme, investigated financial inclusion, improved local transport and are setting up a new Whitley radio station.
The meeting will be on Wednesday 12 July from 6pm until 9pm, at the Whitley Social Club and Café , 252-260 Northumberland Avenue, RG2 7QA. There will be free refreshments.
- What’s the Whitley £1 million being spent on?
- Whitley Community Development Association website and Facebook
- RG2 Whitley Radio is on its way!
- Whitley Big Local asks for big ideas
- Investigation into financial inclusion in Whitley
- Whitley residents asked for feedback on transport proposals