It is a sign of the times that South Street Arts Centre needs to diversify its sources of funding. Saved from closure by an Arts Council Grant and local support, the centre is now seeking to raise additional funding from a friends and members scheme.
There are two categories of individual support and a business membership offer.
For £20 a year, you can become a Friend of South Street with the following benefits:
- a regular newsletter,
- an invitation to attend season briefings.
For £30 a year, you can become a Member of South Street and receive Friends benefits as well as:
- priority booking for selected shows,
- member prices and drinks discounts for selected shows,
- a 10% discount on room booking for private parties or events.
£5,000 will buy a business membership package which includes:
- credit on all member newsletters,
- credit on schools newsletters,
- credit on the foyer ‘supporters’ board,
- priority booking for your staff on selected shows,
- exclusive offers for your staff,
- a 10% discount on room booking.
Shows that are staged by an external promoter are excluded from the Friends and Members discounts and benefits.
The venue is expected to re-open in November 2016 after improvement work has been completed.
For more details about the scheme ring the venue on 0118 9606060.