The Whitley Pump featured this detail of one of the sculptures outside New Century Place, Queens Road on 25 September 2015. The sculptures are by John Ravera who also produced Man of our Time and Constellation which are both in Bracknell.
Historic England has launched a project to investigate public sculptures erected between 1945 and 1985 which will
- recommend a number of post-war public sculptures for listing
- hold a public exhibition early next year at Somerset House, London (3 February-10 April 2016) and Bessie Surtees House, Newcastle
- publish an Introduction to the Heritage Asset for post-war public art (an accessible, authoritative, well-illustrated summary of our current understanding of a particular building type or asset)
- publish an expanded section about public art (sculpture) in our Commemorative Structures Selection Guide (our detailed guidance about what may be eligible for listing and designation)
- and potentially publish online guidance and information on public artwork, promoting its value and protection.
Historic England have also identified some important pieces of public sculpture that have been lost or destroyed.